Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Message from Rinchen - February 10

Dear Sangha Members

Retreat Weekend

I must have heard it wrong at the sangha meeting on Sunday - I thought people were asking for the weekend before carnival but it was the weekend after. Aha!

Durga Devi is holding this weekend for us but please book up soon so I can confirm to her it's on. For those who already booked please let me know you can make this new date.

Friday evening 11th March to Sunday evening 13th March - Weekend Retreat in Durga Devi's retreat house in the northern range (high up overlooking Maracas Bay).

This will be a great opportunity to do some concentrated meditation in quiet surroundings. We will as well do samu (work practice), play meditation and have dharma talks, discussions, reading periods and quiet times.

It's said to be essential if we want to deepen our practice to do a daily practice and at least one retreat a year.

Arrangements:

There is room for 10 people in all. Men and women sleep in seperate areas. Fold out beds are provided but you will need your own sheets.

We will need to take all our food and drinks for the weekend. There is a small fridge. Please bring a change of clothing and if you would prefer to work outside during those periods please bring outdoor gear. Also bring your sitting equipment and toiletries (if you have no sitting equipment plase let me know and I'll find some for you.

Book up as early as you can by phone or email. The house rental will be about $2400TT and you are also asked to make a donation (for monk and sangha).

If you have a dharma topic you would like discussed during the weekend please let me know.

After a bit of a runaround today it looks like I'll be doing some teaching here in a special school for boys (young offenders of 10 to 21 years) as well as in the T&T prisons. I'm pleased about that.

The house phone is now back working 625 3438. You can still reach me on my cell 710 8413.

With best wishes to all


No comments:

Post a Comment